Medifast is physician supervised program available with unlimited counseling and regular physical exams.
WHAT IS THE MEDIFAST PROGRAM?
This program can work for anyone if you need to loose 10 to 100+ pounds! It is packed with vitamins, minerals and has a main ingredient of the ‘super-health-food’ soy.
I feel that it is especially helpful for those that have developed a disorder with food or are obese.
PERMANENT WEIGHT LOSS?
You always hear that MEDIFAST will inevitably cause you to gain your weight back. This is true for ANY weight loss program. Let’s stick to reality here. If we do not remain steadfast and committed in taking care of our bodies then yes of course the weight will
come back. Only with exercise, education about nutrition and a love of life can we stay at a healthy weight. Medifast does work for those who decide to work with it.
A DAY IN THE LIFE..
Let me give you and example about a regular day on the program Meals should be 3-4 hours apart.
- 8:00am – I have awakened from sleep, revived and ready for a new day. I am ready for breakfast. Oatmeal sound great…especially Apple and Cinnamon. The oatmeal is best mixed with 3/4 cup of water
(if you like it thick use 1/2) and needs no sprucing up but I add a packet of Splenda and a little vanilla extract for that ‘gooey’ texture I like!
- 12:00 – I have a bowl of vegan chili with MediFast multigrain crackers (mixed with 1 cup water and heated for 2 minutes let set hot!!!) with bits of fresh onion and celery mixed in not to mention a dash of garlic powder and paprika. The chili really does not need these extras but it is okay to add them if it is desired.
- 3:00 – I grab a delicious peanut butter protein bar gives me a boost and makes me feel like I’m cheating!
- 6:00 – I decide to have a small ‘meal’ for dinner (you can eat the MediFast products only or have 1 meal a day within guidelines). I have grilled turkey breast with a couple of cups of lettuce, a few
onions, fat-free honey Dijon dressing, and another packet of crackers.
- 9:00 – I have my last meal for the day. A favorite treat of mine. Canfield’s Chocolate Fudge soda mixed with a packet of Mocha Chocolate Medias, a packet of Splenda, and a dash of chocolate extract (this was frozen made earlier in the day). It tastes so good…like chocolate ice milk! Yum.
Basically to wrap things up in summary…
You can have 5 supplements a day and one meal. You can also have two fast soups, that do not count as a supplement (beef, chicken, tomato) and up to 2 packets of crackers. The shakes (two different chocolates, vanilla, strawberry and orange), oatmeal, chili, creamy soups and candy bars (peanut butter, chocolate Devine, mint chocolate, berry, lemon and oatmeal) are counted as supplements.
You can add small amounts of veggies, extracts and spices to any of the soups (Chicken Noodle, Creamy Tomato, Chicken and Broccoli) and chili. You can also have any non-caloric drink as much as you want but need to get in at least 64 oz. of water a day. Coffee (milk can be used!) is allowed but limited to three cups a day .
For dinners, 3-4 oz. of lean meats (chicken, turkey, beef, pork, fish, shrimp) are allowed with or in lettuce greens (a couple of stuffed cups of lettuce allowed) with a few veggies in the salad and 2 tablespoons of low-fat or fat-free dressing. A cup or two of other cooked or raw veggies (green beans, broccoli, etc.) can substitute a salad.
Once you get into the swing of things, find out which foods you like best, and develop a schedule…things go pretty smoothly. The first three days of adjustment may have minor side-effects such as headaches, fatigue, and grumpiness but those first three days are worth any mild discomfort considering how helpful and how far you can go in healing the body and mind of obesity with this program.
By following similar steps like the above any person can effectively lose weight with Medifast.